Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Big Bang Theory

When I was in high school, I took a few advanced classes at the school and through a few universities. I met many nerds and geeks, but not all of them were fanboys. It is possible to be smart and not want to dress up like a Stormtrooper or buy every comic book featuring Wolverine. However, I did meet a few fanboys in those classes. One boy that sticks out once said, “Actually, a pocket protector does make a lot of sense!”


The reason I share this information is to illustrate why I enjoy the show The Big Bang Theory. The show is about fanboy nerds, but I like it because it reminds me of some of the people that went to high school with me. I can appreciate the humor. It also reminds me that my husband isn’t that bad compared to other fanboys. He has never purchased a Battlestar Gallactica costume or time machine, and he doesn’t play Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock.

No comments:

Post a Comment