Unfortunately for me, when the students at Degrassi Junior High went on to high school, the show went with them. Degrassi High is just as painful as Degrassi Junior High, and I still blame Kevin Smith for rekindling my husband’s interest in these shows.
For those of you in the same predicament as me, here are some new rules for a Degrassi High drinking game. Add these to the rules from the Degrassi Junior High drinking game.
1. If you hear someone pronounce “about” as “aboot,” take a drink. (Remember, this show was made in Canada.)
2. When a character is lying, take a drink.
3. Every time you see hockey hair, shout, “What the puck?” and take a drink.
4. When you see the twins, take two drinks.
5. Every time you see people socializing in the bathroom, make sure your hands are clean and take a drink.