Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Tick is Keen

It’s good to be able to share some of your spouse’s interests and hobbies. I try to do this; I really do. However, there’s no way I could keep up with the amount of comic book reading my husband does. I have a job and my own activities, and I don’t have any interest in reading most of his books.

The one superhero title I do enjoy reading is the Tick. Ash knew I used to watch the cartoon when I was a kid, and he bought me The Tick, the Complete Edlund, which I liked. It doesn’t make me want to dress up as Oedipus (one of the reoccurring female characters), but I enjoyed reading it. This proves that it is possible to enjoy reading a comic book, but not losing complete control.


Ash has also bought me two other Tick books, and there is one that I probably will not receive because it is out of print. That is okay. I don’t need everything ever written about the Tick. I can only hope that he can learn from my example of being content with an incomplete series.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, the tick is awesome. I was just saying I needed to get the cartoon dvd's last night. And yes, we have an entire book case full of comics and I have no clue how one can commit so much time with keeping up with the story lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoooooon!
    Okay, I tried not to do it, I really did.

    ReplyDelete