Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Other Matrix Movies

There are two other Matrix movies, and they got progressively worse. There is also a cartoon movie. Fortunately, my husband has a little bit of taste and did not purchase any of these other videos.


I saw the cartoon Matrix years ago, and I don’t remember much about it. I can’t even remember the title of it. I think it was about different people discovering that they were in the Matrix. One person discovered it because he could run really fast. I think a fanboy could live without owning this because it’s not necessary for the other movies, but fanboys do like to own the complete collection!

My husband took me to the midnight show of the second Matrix when we were dating. He should be thankful I ever went out with him again! I remember that nothing happened in that movie. There was a group of people that Keanu Reeves teamed up with to fight some albinos. Keanu Reeves might have also been in love, but the movie didn’t have a conclusion. It just ended. Even Ash was disappointed that the movie didn’t have an ending, but he was willing to forgive them because he knew that the third movie was going to be released soon.

One would think that the conclusion to a trilogy would actually provide a conclusion to the story, right? Not with this movie! Now that’s a surprise ending! Nothing happened and nothing was accomplished. Keanu Reeves and a few other humans were chosen to repopulate the Matrix. The theme of love was jammed down the audience’s throat as well, which oddly enough filled me with rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment