Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cruel and Horrible Movie

Just because Buffy the Vampire Slayer is in a movie doesn’t make it any good. In fact, just the opposite seems to be true. However, my husband loves all things Buffy, and he actually owns the movie Cruel Intentions. This is such a bad film.




I’ve never watched it with him, but I did see it when I was in high school. A friend of mine, who was notorious for picking out terrible movies, suggested we watch it. It was so bad. If my memory serves me right, this is a film about a brother-sister team that does terrible things. The sister, played by Buffy, has drugs hidden in a cross she wears on a necklace, and the brother is a big whore. Buffy dares her brother to sleep with a girl who has pledged to stay a virgin until she’s married. If he is able to, he gets to sleep with Buffy – his own sister!

In the end, the brother dies and Buffy gets caught doing drugs. At least it has a happy ending.

3 comments:

  1. It's a modern remake of Dangerous Liasons, which is based on the novel, Les Liasons Dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos, written in 1792. Dangerous Liasons was definitely better, starring Glenn Close, John Malcovich, Michelle Pfieffer, Uma Thurman, and Keanu Reeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a roommate once who loved that movie. It sounds terrible and I'm glad she never talked me into watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...if I like Buffy and most things Joss Whedon, does that make me a FanGirl? I didn't like Cruel Intentions, though. Must agree that Dangerous Liasons was a lot better.

    ReplyDelete