Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How to Make Comics

After I made the mistake of reading Understanding Comics, my husband suggested I read Scott McCloud’s Making Comics. I think the phrase goes, “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.” Well, this is a “shame on me” situation. I read this entire book.


Ash, like many fanboys before him, has the unrealistic dream of writing his own comic book series. However, Ash cannot draw very well. I bet that he thought that if he could get me to read Making Comics, I would want to try illustrating a comic of my own. Of course, it would be his comic. Fortunately for me, Ash is a procrastinator and hasn’t started writing his own comic. Even if he did start writing one, I could also play the procrastinator card and never get around to illustrating it!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky, my husbad has like 19 pages (not in any particular order) of a graphic novel drawn out. There's stories upon stories on our laptop of graphic novels AND he's writing a trilogy with his best friend to which they've gotten to chapter 2 on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this book. While you may have been pressured this time to read this, I hope you enjoyed it anyway! It's a great and creative book.

    ReplyDelete