Saturday, January 16, 2010

His Name is Bruce

Oh, Bruce Campbell, you are so dreamy, even when you’re in bad movies. Then again, has Bruce ever been in a “good” movie?



Anyway, My Name is Bruce is a very cheesy Bruce Campbell movie. Even though the DVD came with a mini-comic book, my husband bought the full sized comic that narrates the film. I actually read the comic before I saw the movie, and it was okay.

The story is about how some teenagers accidentally release a Chinese demon named Guan-di. One of the teenagers is completely obsessed with Bruce Campbell, and he asks Bruce for help. Bruce, the character, is a poor slob and a coward. When Bruce shows up, he is confused and thinks it’s a movie, but when he realizes it’s real he tries to hightail it out of town. However, he has a change of heart and returns to town to save the day.

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't there a Rick Springfield song called "Don't call me Bruce?"

    ReplyDelete