Friday, January 29, 2010

If Only I was this Popular in High School

I want to take a moment to thank the links and referrals to my blog.


First of all, Pete Doree from the Bronze Age of Blogs confessed his undying love for me in the comments section about his entry a Kiss comic. He also has a link to my blog on his page, which is awesome.

Geek to Me had an article that posed the question, “So you’re dating a fanboy?” The author found my survival tips for visiting the comic book store entertaining. Unfortunately, I was accused of becoming a fangirl! I don’t buy or collect these nerdy things, nor do I dress up like superheroes. This blog is a cathartic practice for me to help me keep my sanity. Yes, I have my occasional nerd-indulgences, but I haven’t crossed that line!

Joe, from Forbidden Planet International, agreed with me about the strange proportions of women on comic book covers. He also pointed out that the proportions are similar to the covers of women’s magazines. This is probably why I don’t read magazines targeted towards women.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure you're not reading comics? Because two posts ago there's statement about the cover of Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #3 not matching the interior content. And that issue came out a few months ago. So why are you posting about it recently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am sure that I’m not reading these comics. The only reason I used that Darkest Night comic as my example a few days ago was that I started to write the blog entry first, and then I searched for the picture to support my case. I looked through my husband’s pile of books that he left laying in the living room, which included that issue of the Green Lantern Corps. I lucked out because those women pictured weren’t even in the comic!

    ReplyDelete