Monday, February 1, 2010

The Real Ghostbusters Cartoon

When my husband was a little kid, he loved Ghostbusters. His parents made the mistake of recording it off television for him once. This caused him to want the toys and watch the cartoon. The cartoon is kind of like the movies – it has four guys in jumpsuits with backpacks that suck up ghosts. In the cartoon, the jumpsuits are all different colors to encourage children to want more toys. Any of the equipment that was featured on the show was available for sale.



When the cartoon was made available on DVD, my husband got suckered in and bought the overpriced boxed set. The case looks like the firehouse, and all of the DVDs are in metal cases. I really don’t know why the cases are metal – I guess I’ll have to look it up in Tobin’s Spirit Guide to see if I can find the answer. I bet it has to do with squeezing more money out of fanboys.

2 comments:

  1. "Tobin's Spirit Guide"? Your inner-fangirl is showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because I know about it doesn't mean I like it!

    ReplyDelete