Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Faithless


I really am annoyed by Faith on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I really don’t care for the show all that much in the first place, but her character is just irritating. Maybe I just don’t like that actress.

Anyway, Faith is another vampire slayer – she’s the evil one, but she doesn’t have a goatee to show the audience that she is no good. Instead, she shows up one day and is welcomed by the Buffy clan. Faith isn’t very smart, likes to fight, and is promiscuous. She even “dated” Xander briefly because he was convenient.

After everyone discovered Faith’s true nature, she fought Buffy, tried to kill Angel, and wreaked some other types of havoc. At some point Buffy stabbed her, and she was in a coma for a few seasons. When she was revived, I think she joined Team Buffy once again.

3 comments:

  1. I love Buffy (the series) but I find Faith really annoying. i hate her butch voice too. I'd like to see her and Willow fight to the death (of both of them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Willow. And I actually started to like Faith better than I liked Buffy. Come to think of it, I liked Callisto better than I liked Xena. Maybe I just go for psychopaths.

    But I came to hate both series, because they got too grim and depressing and angst-ridden. I quit watching Buffy when they killed off Tara (Willow's lover), and I quit watching Xena when they killed off Ephiny.

    I also quit watching Charmed when they killed off Prue. And if I had ever watched Beauty & the Beast, I would have quit watching when they killed off Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Buffy, Faith, Willow, and Tara (the characters and the actresses who played them). I liked the series at first, but then it got both depressing and pretentious. I would have liked it if the series had ended with the fourth season. Or, alternatively, the finale (the last episode of Season Seven) should have ended with Willow (Alyson Hannigan) waking up, going into the bathroom, finding Tara (Amber Benson) taking a shower, and it would turn out that everything that happened after Season Four was a bad dream.

    ReplyDelete