Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tales from the Crypt Season 1

I remember seeing Tales from the Crypt late at night when I was a kid. As a kid, I was oblivious to the fact that it was based on the comics with the same name. (Some of the episodes are based on other EC titles.) I remembered that I liked the Crypt Keeper puppet because it was so creepy looking.


Now that Ash and I watched the first season, I realize that I must have watched the edited episodes in syndication. I can’t believe how many swear words and naked ladies are in this show! Ash pointed out that it originally aired on HBO, which explains a lot.

Isn’t it kind of funny that I have a tolerance for staged murders, zombies, and ghosts, but I draw the line at naked women and potty mouths?

1 comment:

  1. It IS funny but I think it is just called "Being American". American celebs are always amazed that we let them swear on TV here (after 9pm). They love that! And why Americans get so offended at the sight of nipples, I'll never know. The biggest selling newspaper in the UK has a picture of a topless girl on Page 3 every day.

    ReplyDelete