Monday, April 26, 2010

Tom Servo


Tom Servo is another robot on Mystery Science Theater 3000. He’s red, has inoperable arms, and he sits on the left side of the human in the theater. Because Tom Servo is hilarious, he has earned a Fanboy Wife Seal of Approval. Pudgy, sarcastic, and often singing, Servo helps make watching terrible sci-fi movies enjoyable.

 
Servo’s origins go back to a silver robot created by Joel Hodgson named Beeper. Fortunately for Servo, he got a new head, was painted red, and got a voice. His original voice was provided by J. Elvis Weinstein, but he was replaced by Kevin Murphy, who late played Professor Bobo. Even though Weinstein left voluntarily, Murphy received a banner that said, “I hate Tom Servo’s new voice!” from an irate fan.

6 comments:

  1. I love Tom Servo! He is the funniest robot on MST3K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I can pick a favorite between Tom and Crow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. The crimes I'd commit for proper action figures of Crow and Servo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really care for the ones that came with the DVDs. Crow's eyes are too small and Tom is the wrong color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo, sounds like fangirl material right there...Fanfans are usually picky about how their "action figures" look and how accurate they are.....are you sure you aren't a fangirl?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do adore Servo, but he came with the movies. I don't think I would have ever bought it on its own.

    ReplyDelete