Friday, May 7, 2010

The Tick New Series Issue One

Sometimes when Ash goes on a fanboy-binge and buys lots of unnecessary things for himself, he will feel a guilty and buy something for me. So, the last time he dropped $50 at the local comic store, he picked up an issue of The Tick New Series for me. Personally, I’d just rather have the $5, but fanboys are strange and don’t understand how money works. (If I really had it my way, I’d rather he save up the money so someday we could move into a house or at least a bigger apartment.)

Issue 1 features the superheroes and sidekicks celebrating Christmas. Tick, Arthur, the Man-Eating Cow, and even Super Pilgrim are present. The superheroes have a gift exchange, and they all want a mysterious present with skull wrapping paper. The sidekicks have their own party while Arthur tells stories from past Christmases, including a tale when Chairface urinates his name in the snow. Even the crazy, naked ex-Tick makes an appearance, and he steals a gift intended for the beloved Tick.


  
Even though I like the Tick, my life wasn’t further enriched by this new comic. Despite Benito Cereno’s plea in the back of the book to “buy copies like it’s 1993,” I don’t plan on buying any for myself. Actually, I will buy as many The Tick comics for myself this year as I did in 1993, which was zero.

5 comments:

  1. I've never liked the Tick, I remember hating the cartoon from back in the 90s. And If memory serves there was a live-action show that lasted all of 50 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He gives you your Christmas present in May?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks absolutely RUBBISH. Can't he just buy flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like the Tick, which is why Ash bought this for me. I just don't care for the new author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SPOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete