Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Simpsons Comic

When I was a kid, I wasn’t allowed to watch The Simpsons. I could only watch it if my parents weren’t home from work yet, and I was ready to flip the channel to the news so I wouldn’t get in trouble. So, I never really watched it until I was in college. During my sophomore year, I watched The Simpsons every Wednesday night before going to class because I knew the professor was always going to be late. If I stayed in my dorm until the show ended, then I knew I could still walk to class and arrive before the instructor.

Even though The Simpsons have been on the air for the last hundred years, only half a dozen episodes are ever shown. I can only watch the same episode so many times in a week. I quit watching the cartoon again until this last year, but they’re still only showing the same few episodes. There was one week when the TV station showed the same episode two days in a row!

 
To make matters worse, there is a Simpsons comic. Judging by the issue number, it has been around for a while. I guess if I get tired of watching the same show over and over again, I can just read the same issue every week.

5 comments:

  1. yeeah I was in the same boat as you. My mum thought simpsons was too rude even though it was rated G... i had to hide and watch it too. but I mean watching it through highschool the show just became terribly unfunny... and they tried to hard to do stuff like family guy and south park or to make fun of them too. but the simpsons writing was edgy for ausdiences like 20 years ago lol they havent really updated it... the movie was terribly boring with a stupid story line... I mean if your gonna wait that long to bring out a movie and hype it up so much.. atleast make the writing better than a simpons episode! but sadly it was just like watching an hour 20 mins long episode of the simpsons with slightly better animation. and you saw otto finally rip a bong! that, and the penis flash from bart were about the only two funny things in the movie. simpsons comics are even worse! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't always happen, but I agree with you about The Simpsons; even when they show a "new episode" it seems just like all the others, right down to the invisible plot reset button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't Ash own all of the DVDs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankfully, he has not been collecting the TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a mean mom also - but my boys always snuck it in at their friends, so I didn't get my way! now I watch it and wonder why i was so paranoid - or maybe we have gotten so used to the stuff it doesn't even register as inappropriate any longer. not sure -

    ReplyDelete