Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Anniversary


Ash and I are celebrating our anniversary today. In order to help other couples that are 50% fanboy, I’ve compiled a list to help prevent marital strife.
  1. A plastic Green Lantern ring is not an acceptable substitute for a lost wedding ring.
  2. Your spouse would like to see you in non-comic clothing once in a while.
  3. Don’t watch the entire contents of a DVD (including the various commentaries, documentaries, outtakes, interviews, and so forth) all in one sitting if your spouse doesn’t care for the contents in the first place.
  4. It’s okay to see non-superhero movies at the cinema.
  5. Don’t spend every last cent on comics and comic paraphernalia, your spouse may want to own a house someday.

5 comments:

  1. "Your spouse would like to see you in non-comic clothing once in a while."

    Yes, but do you ever wear comic-book clothing for him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both! I admire the way you two have overcome your total incompatability, in the name of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We actually used to have a lot more in common before he was infected with fanboyitis a couple years after we got married.

    Snell, I have a Superman t-shirt, and I also have that Ghostbusters shirt he bought me when we saw the movie at a theater last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your anniversary. My fanboy-other half and I celebrated a year living in the same house without killing each other yesterday, so you're a continued inspiration to us both.

    ReplyDelete