Thursday, July 22, 2010

Love and Capes 2

Compared to other superhero comics, Love and Capes 2: Going to the Chapel by Thomas F. Zahler isn’t that bad. It’s not something that I would have bought on my own, but I live with a fanboy so I have access to a copy. I read the first book because Ash thought I would like it and I thought it was amusing, and so I read the sequel.
  
   
Love and Capes 2 has the same comic timing as the first one, and it continues to parody other superheroes. Instead of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, the characters are the Crusader, Darkblade, and Amazonia. Even though the main characters all battle evil, it’s really not the focus of the comic. Instead, the book is written like a sitcom, and the conversations between the actions are showcased.
   
So, if your fanboy has a copy of this book it wouldn’t hurt to read it. You can talk about that instead of listening to him lecture you about the Legion of Substitute Super-Heroes/watching another episode of Doctor Who/ hearing about the Brightest Day crossover event.
  

1 comment:

  1. Are you familiar with the term "thin end of the wedge"? Stop reading that stuff RIGHT NOW! Fanboy survivors are depending on you to give them a voice!

    ReplyDelete