Monday, July 19, 2010

Red Dingus Back to Earth Movie

There was a while when Ash watched nothing but the Red Dwarf DVDs back to back. Every minute he was home, he watching that horrible show. I’m not much of an optimist, but at least when he watched all of the episodes in a row the hurting ended sooner. Also, he watched most of the show when I wasn’t at home, so I didn’t have to see every episode.
 
   
He bought all of the seasons in one big boxed set, but he had to make one more purchase to complete his collection. He had to buy Back to Earth separately. I feel fortunate that I didn’t have to watch it, but Ash told me about it anyway. The movie is about Lister, Rimmer, Cat, and Kryton making it to Earth in the year 2009 where they discover that Red Dwarf is a television show. I’m sure there are some antics and shenanigans, and I think the movie ends with the characters meeting the actors and the universe imploding in on itself.
 

10 comments:

  1. "The purpose of Fanboy Wife is to provide tips, definitions, and comic relief to those who are in love with fanboys."

    FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did I fail? I didn't realize I was being graded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday, we all have to justify ourselves to the great Inquisitor!!

    tut-tut-tut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jam Shambles is just mad because they probably think that all you're doing is making fun of Red Dorkous among other things. They are disagreeing with the purpose you have stated. If you clik on their link(their name) it leads to a Red Dimlight offical fan club. Sounds like they are an "Offended fanperson" even though they didn't clik that option...But that is just what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...your husband enjoys Red Dwarf. And?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought that Jam Shambles didn't think that my gripe about Red Dwarf was compatible with my mission statement. Rach, your suggestion is very plausible.

    Ant, I feel compelled to make a "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" joke.

    Mike, I think the worst part about Red Dwarf is that it was a gateway show to Doctor Who.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. Ragging on people for enjoying things just makes YOU the loser for not being able to enjoy it. End of. Now make me a sandwich, b*tch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the worst part about Red Dwarf (which I like) seems to be the whiny fan club members.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the anonymous coward up there has failed to appreciate that, in fact, "I know you are but what am I?" ceased to be a cogent argument post- primary school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pahaha really? There is a page of the internet devoted to this? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since everyone is allowed to blog. If you're in such a state of great suffering that you feel is necessary to create a website to moan about your marriage and your husband's hobbies, then perhaps you ought not to be married to him. Geeks are better in bed anyway, quit your bitchin.

    Plus, Red Dwarf is wicked, and you're giving us females a bad name with all your useless complaining.

    ReplyDelete