Monday, August 2, 2010

MST3K XVI

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is one of the few nerdy things that my husband and I can both enjoy. I’m going to admit that I probably like it a little more than Ash, but I watched when I was young and impressionable and I have a SOL shaped hole in my heart from when it got cancelled.
  
   
I’ve mentioned this before, but Ash always buys me these DVDs. I’m usually bad about asking for gifts, and so Ash always buys me the MST3K boxed sets because he knows that I will watch them. This, of course, means I have MST3K XVI. This set includes The Corpse Vanishes, Warrior of the Lost World, Santa Claus, and Night of the Blood Beast. I also got a little plastic Tom Servo doll, which I have sitting on top of my television set. I tried setting him in front of the TV so no matter what I watched would be like MST3K, but Ash got annoyed by it and moved it pretty quickly. Regardless, this set earns a Fanboy Wife Seal of Approval.
   
   
The Corpse Vanishes is a Joel episode, and it’s about Bela Legosi trying to bring his dead wife back to life by killing young brides. Warrior of the Lost World is about a post-apocalyptic biker and his annoying robotic motorcycle, and I think the antagonist was the guy from the horrible Halloween movies. Santa Claus is about a little girl named Lupita who has to fight Satan, and I think this one is Ash’s favorite. I believe it’s just because he is convinced that “Lupita” translated into English is “Little Pita.” (No wonder he wanted all of my old Spanish class notes when we were in high school!) Night of the Blood Beast is a Mike episode, and the host segments make up for the horrible movie. At one point, Crow is convinced that he is bearing Blood Beast’s children! There are also Turkey Day host segments with this DVD, which Ash likes because of his fanboyitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment