Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Comic Island

Ash has taken over the living room with what he calls, “Comic Island.” Comic Island is a few long boxes with many piles of comics spread all over the floor. As it turns out, my husband has neglected to keep up on boarding and bagging his precious comics. He thought this week would be a good time to catch up, but he ran out of Mylar bags. ¡Dios mio! So, his mighty project of carefully preserving comics he’ll never read again has come to a standstill and Comic Island remains in my living room.

3 comments:

  1. "So, his mighty project of carefully preserving comics he’ll never read again has come to a standstill"

    Ah, so true. So true. The curse of the completist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there's at least one fanboy who voted "you poor woman" on this one. Yes really.

    BTW I post as "anonymous" here because I can't get any of the ways of attaching one of my usertags to my posts to work (not even the Name/URL one)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see this and one thought comes to mind:

    "Fanboy's are specialized hoarders."

    I foresee an episode of TLC's "Hoarding: Buried Alive" full of comics and memoribilia.

    ReplyDelete