Monday, December 6, 2010

Fanboy Hanukkah

Even though we’re in the midst of Hanukkah, Ash hates playing dreidel with me. I’ve decided to up the ante by substituting the candy with Doctor Who DVDs for a game of Fanboy Dreidel. Here are the rules.

     

      
1. Divide all of the fanboy’s Doctor Who DVDs evenly amongst the players. (Other movies and TV shows can be substituted. For example, Star Trek would make a good substitution so the players really can “spin a dreidel with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock.”)
2. Each player will put one DVD in the pot.
3. Each player takes a turn spinning the top and does what the symbol indicates.
  • For “Gimel,” the player takes everything in the pot. Everyone puts a new DVD in the center to rebuild the pot.
  • For “Hay,” the player takes half of the items.
  • For “Shin,” the player puts one in the pot.
  • For “Nun,” the player does nothing for that turn.
4. When the fanboy grows weary of the game, or he loses all of his Doctor Who movies, the game is over and the players get to do whatever they like with their winnings. Usually, the prizes are eaten, but I think DVDs might be a little too crunchy. I recommend putting them in the microwave to soften them up a little.

2 comments:

  1. Not enough of a Dr Who fanboy to know how many DVDs a full run constitutes, but for Star Trek I make it:-
    3 series of TOS, 7 each of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, 4 of Enterprise, for 28 seasons of Tv, each needing 6 DVDs, plus 11 films in "vanilla" and "director's cut" versions, giving a total of 199 discs to play with! :-D

    And Yes I did find the post funny (I usually do, unless you start hating on classic Dr Who).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sorry I haven't been checking in regularly. I'm making a bigger effort for the holidays.
    And now I know how a dreidel is really played! I don't think I'll try eating DVDs though.

    ReplyDelete