Monday, March 14, 2011

The Nude Teen Titans

Ash has been reading old issues of The New Teen Titans lately, and he had issue 39 from 1984 sitting in a pile. I saw the rumpled clothes on the floor at first, and it reminded me of those cheesy post-coital scenes in movies.
  
   
Since I am “very mature,” I decided to make Ash a new cover for this issue of The Nude Teen Titans. The sad thing is, I know I’m not the first person to draw naked superheroes. Ash has told me that there are fanboys that go to conventions to collect nude pictures from artists.
 
(Drawing by Fanboy Wife based on a picture by George Perez.)

2 comments:

  1. An Omnibus said:-

    I love your artwork. This wasn't so much LOL as :-D and Chuckle OL, but it still got me an odd look from the other one of my workmates who's in this early.

    There's just one little thing I don't understand though; Why is the costume discarded on the ground The Flash rather than Batman (Adam West version)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the original cover, the two men are walking away with their hands in their pockets.

    In the nude cover, the two naked men are walking away with their hands in the same positions, but since they're naked they no longer have pockets and I am forced to assume they are fondling themselves.

    ReplyDelete