Friday, May 13, 2011

MST3K XVIII


Whenever I get a gift from Ash, 95% of the time it has something to do with Mystery Science Theater 3000. I don’t know if it’s because he can’t think of something else to buy me or if it will keep me busy for a few hour while he sneaks off and reads comic books, but I appreciate them anyway. Volume 18 contains Lost Continent, Crash of the Moons, The Beast of Yucca Flats, and Jack Frost.
 
Lost Continent features “Rock climbing, Joel.” All I can recall from this episode is that the movie was padded with lots of rock climbing, and that the mad scientists tease Joel about it. At the end of the rock climbing, there are some claymation dinosaurs.
 
Crash of the Moons was about people crashing on a moon. Yes, it was that exciting.
 
Tor Johnson made another appearance in The Beast of Yucca Flats. He was a scientist that turned into a monster, and then the movie end with a bunny eating his face.
   
I really liked Jack Frost in this set, and I’ve watched it more than I would like to admit. It’s a very surreal fairy tale. I’ll admit that I like Grimm’s Fairy Tales, and the popular theme of the good sister gets rewarded while the bad sister gets punished is the plot of this movie. Tom Servo also dresses up as an adorable little girl in this one.

3 comments:

  1. Odds on it's mostly 2 things:-

    1) It's something he know's you'll like.
    2) He's hoping that sufficient MST3K will convert you into a fangirl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the movie Jack frost was not that bad after all how in the world did it end up on MST3K?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not Michael Keaton's Jack Frost. It's odd Russian "Nasticka" Jack Frost.

    ReplyDelete