I did have to break down and buy something to use as the hose on the pack pack. Considering that this is the first thing I’ve had to buy for Ash’s Ghostbuster costume, I’m not too upset. Ash and I went to a home improvement store, and I guessed we’d find something in the electronic wires aisle. Surprisingly, I was right! (My next guess would have been the irrigation section.) I got a pack of flex tubing for a couple bucks. I had to hang it up for a few days to get the major kinks out of it, but it should work pretty well.
I also had to build cups to hold the tubing for the proton pack. My plan is to add the hoses and wire and such after I get the proton pack sanded and painted.