Friday, August 19, 2011

The Walking Dead TV Show

  
I know Ash has been reading The Walking Dead, and he enjoys it. He’s usually pretty entertained by flesh eating zombies. Ash was a little disappointed that he couldn’t watch the TV show since we don’t have cable, but he knew that it would be available to buy eventually.
   
Even though season one of The Walking Dead has been on DVD for awhile, he waited for it to go on sale before buying it. I’m quite pleased that he waited for it to be cheaper, and I hope this frugality will spread to other shopping trips.
   
Anyway, I was a little wary about watching this show with Ash. Most of the time I get bored and irritated when watching comic-based movies and television shows, such as Green Lantern and Smallville. However, there are some zombies I enjoy, like the deadites in The Evil Dead movies and musical. Sean of the Dead was extremely entertaining. I also liked Night of the Living Dead, but I can’t stand the sequel when they’re in the mall.  
   
So, Ash and I watched it recently, and it wasn’t too bad. I think watching it over a period of time was helpful too. Usually, when Ash watches shows on DVD, he has a non-stop marathon. The makeup artists for the show did a nice job, and the story isn’t entirely predictable. Ash likes telling me the differences between the comics and the show, but I can handle that. Whenever we watch anything doing with ancient cultures, I have to point out everything that is inaccurate.
    

5 comments:

  1. They did a great job filming the show, Its almost like watching a movie! We've gone as far as go out to a local movie theater that premiere the episodes. Since we always go in groups we stand outside and talk about the diff between the show and the comic. The beginning of the series is good.. but then it takes a turn to the "wtf.. I don't remember that in the comic book AT ALL!!"
    He'll know what I mean :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never got into this show; having "Egg" from "this life" as the male lead was always an issue. Any other Brits who read this will know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I was afraid you were talking about Waking the Dead, in a totally different category. I thought I may have missed enough that it jumped genres! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this but, as an Irishman, I'm with paws4thot - Egg was never this motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing I've learned about ancient cultures while watching movies: in Europe and the Middle East BCE, people spoke English with British accents.

    ReplyDelete