Monday, September 19, 2011

Superhero Yoga: Psylocke Pose

I thought I should wait to build up my flexibility before attempting the Psylocke Pose. Since I decided I didn’t want to cut off my left arm, I figured it would be okay for me to balance on it. If I had PhotoShop, I could have erased it.
   
First of all, it’s pretty difficult to turn one’s upper torso the same direction as one’s rear end. I wouldn’t recommend it. Second of all, I could barely hold my right arm up that high when my spine was all twisted, so there was no way I was going to try to hold a sword. I was injuring myself just my twisting and turning and putting a lot of pressure on my kneecaps, and I didn’t want to add something heavy and pointy into the equation. Thirdly, my head is turned a little too far, but I thought my expression was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment