As it turned out, I had to make Ash’s jumpsuit for his Ghostbusters costume. The original plan was for him to buy coveralls, but he couldn’t find any that fit. He went to several stores (in 3 states), but he couldn’t find anything that worked. All of the suits were too small, had short sleeves, had the wrong pockets, or they were the wrong color. After giving up on buying a jumpsuit, we had the daunting task of selecting fabric. There’s only one place in town that sells fabric, and they didn’t have the right color, so I had to dye the cloth myself.
I also didn’t have or know of a pattern to use for the Ghostbusters suit, so I had to wing it. I severely modified an Elvis jumpsuit pattern by changing the sleeves, pant legs and collar. I also had to add the pockets, and I didn’t include them all. Adding the patches was the easiest part!
Ash’s suit was easy compared to my costume though! I chose to be the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (because I hate myself apparently)! I didn’t document my progress on my beastly costume, but I am pleased with the results. I made everything: the hat, mask, cowl, shirt, gloves, pants, and shoes! It truly sucked making my Stay Puft Costume, but I am pleased with the results. I definitely have the “hottest” Ghostbusters costume!