Monday, June 11, 2012

He’s Not in a Rush

Ash is not the best travelling companion. He takes forever to get ready to go anywhere, but I’m sure many husbands can be like that. My main complaint is the amount of music he has to gather for any car trip. I think he needs one CD per mile travelled. For example, we might only need to be in the car for 2 hours, but he’ll bring along 15 hours of music. Even if we’re just going to grocery story, he needs 5 CDs. I wish I was exaggerating. He doesn’t like to bring a lot of variety either. He will select one band and bring every album he owns by that group.
 
  
When he’s driving, he’ll like to say things like, “Hand me the Rush album.” Of course, all of the CD cases are wedged behind my seat under his suitcase, a cooler, and whatever else is in the car. After dislocating my shoulder to grab a CD, it’s always the wrong one. According to my husband, I should intuitively know which Rush album is the correct one.
 
Often, I will forgo playing DJ assistant and drive so Ash can play with the radio. The tradeoff is I have to listen to Ash’s driving directions, which are just as clear as his CD directions. Instead of “Hand me the Rush album,” he’ll say things like, “You should have taken that exit.”
 

2 comments:

  1. Seems like a used ipod and a car adapter would save all a lot of time and trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear fanboywife blog author,

    I work for Bloggingbooks (bloggingbooks.net), which is the new publishing brand of SVH publishing house.

    We are broadening our publishing programme and we have just started in publishing blog posts.
    In this respect, we are glad to offer you the possibility of publishing your blog posts as a book.

    Should you have interest in the publication of your posts or should you have any question, I would be pleased to answer your queries by e-mail.

    You will find more information about our publishing house on our website: bloggingbooks.net

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    contact email: m [dot] gorbulea [at] bloggingbooks [dot] de

    ReplyDelete