Saturday, July 27, 2013

What’s New in the Life of Fanboy Wife?

For the last year, my life has been so busy I just haven’t had enough free time to poke fun at my husband and the things he loves as much as I’d like. After Halloween last year, I pretty much painted nonstop when I wasn’t at work in order to beef up my portfolio so I could apply to graduate school in January.

I was ill most of the winter, which wasn’t a lot of fun. So, I spent a lot of time indoors and feeling sorry for myself. If I wasn’t at work or at the doctor’s office, I was probably at home watching Netflix.

In March, I found out I was accepted into graduate school full time to study painting! I spent a good amount of time jumping for joy considering that I was one of the 12 new students in the entire MFA program! I had to find a new place to live, pack up all of our belongings, and resign from my job.

Ash and I moved to a new town at the end of June, and we’re still not done unpacking. Ash loves the new place because it’s a basement duplex and so the entire home is a dark, dank man-cave. Since we only have 4 windows total and we’re underground, he never has to worry about glare on the TV screen while he plays video games and watches Doctor Who.

This is one of Ash's boxes I packed for him.

Unfortunately, Ash now has a very long drive to work now, so I don’t get to see him as much as I’d like. On a positive note, I now have a lot of time to myself and can once again spend more time playing on the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment