Sunday, January 12, 2014

Superhero Yoga: Flash Ignition Pose

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve had the free time to attend a yoga class. I also haven’t been doing too much exercise since I started graduate school, but I thought I should give Superhero Yoga another shot. This is also provides me with a legitimate excuse to wear my comfy yoga pants.

First of all, I’m going to be upfront and admit that I don’t do a lot of running. Honestly, the last time I ran for real was for the Presidential Fitness test when I was in elementary school. Perhaps my lack of experience as a runner is why I had so much trouble with the Flash Ignition Pose.

Maybe this would be easier if I had yellow boots?

The Flash Ignition Pose requires a wide stride. For advanced athletes who can dislocate their hips, the left leg should cross in front of the right with a big step. The right shoulder should be lower than the left and twist forward. Both hands form fists, and the head looks upward with a smile.

As I stated earlier, I am not an athlete by any stretch of the imagination, so I was unable to balance completely on my right front foot with my legs crossed. This is why my other leg is still visible. I also was unable to get my right thigh to touch my abdomen, pull my left shoulder all the way back, and manage to smile as big as the Flash!

No comments:

Post a Comment